This is the new Camera Stabilizing unit I got today and it mostly works. The only thing that needs to be done is to properly calibrate the camera to the counterweights. This may require a trip to the hardware store for washers. (And I just realized that this will be my second trip to a hardware store within a year. I think I have now reached the age where going to Hardware stores are going to be a thing.)
So the good news is that I know have all the tools I need to make a decent short.
Now, all I need is a script…and actors who are willing to work for free…and accommodate with my insane work schedule.
2013…the year my head finally explodes.